A Prospective, Double-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial of an Amniotic Membrane
Allograft Injection Comparing Two Doses and a Placebo in the Treatment of
Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Clinical Trial for Patients Suffering from Knee Osteoarthritis
Background - Knee osteoarthritis is a common condition affecting the aging population. The final treatment option for this typically is a partial or total knee replacement; however, there are non-surgical treatments such as corticosteroid injections aimed at controlling the pain and allowing patients to function. Newer techniques and injections aim to provide pain control and preservation in the management of knee osteoarthritis.
Purpose – The purpose of this study is to determine the dose-related response of an Amniotic Membrane injection (NuDyn) when used for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis.
Expectations – Our expectation is to confirm the effectiveness of this injection for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis and determine a dose effect.
To Participate You Must:
- Schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with Dr. Ronak M. Patel
- Meet our eligibility criteria
- Attend one appointment for your injection and four follow-up appointments
- Fill out simple questionnaires prior to each appointment.
How Does This Benefit You?
- Potential for a NuDyn injection without additional cost
- Potential relief from your symptoms
- Opportunity to explore another non-surgical option for treating your symptoms
How Do I Get Started?
- Call or email Dr. Ronak Patel’s staff and mention the NuDyn Study: